There are different types of corporate events, each having its unique purpose.
- Conferences which are also known as conventions is a large meeting where all members of staff would meet at one location to discuss business needs, company updates and important communication.
- Seminars are where one individual hosts a meeting usually with PowerPoint or sliders to updates all employees of any new information. There are normally questions and answers at the end.
- Team Building Events are activities which are carried out by either department teams or a company as a whole. The aim is to enhance social relations within each team which in turn creates a more productive, happy working environment.
- Trade Shows / Expeditions is where a small group within the company visit an outside source to advertise and sell their product to consumers. This is a beneficial way to boost product awareness and sales.
- Shareholder / Corporate Board Meetings take place when managers and shareholders meet to discuss formal matters including profits, performance, policies and any major issues that may have occurred affecting the business.
- Year-End Functions are similar to team building events however these take place at the end of the year such as Christmas. This is the companies way of saying thank you to its employees for their work throughout the year
Corporate events do take a lot of organisation and planning. There are a few things you need to envisage before planning an event. What is the purpose of your event? How many people are attending and what venue would be suitable? Create a plan to follow what things are going to be covered during this corporate event. Who will host the event? Finally, promoting your event and inviting all those who you wish to attend. To do this internally you could send a corporate email to all those invited or a push message/notification to each individual mobile phone device.